These are the four main concepts for the Skolkovo Gardens.
Connector of Skolkovo
– Connecting and unite currently fragmented facilities and spaces of Skolkovo,
– It encourages the exchange and meeting among different inhabitants/visitors of Skolkovo,
– Creating several view corridors to optimize the presence of monumental buildings,
– Connect to the surrounding environments (e.g. Park Meshcherskiy).
Necklace of diverse activities
– A broad varity of activities/sizes that is vital for a sustainable society/community,
– Programs are open both for domestic and international needs,
– Hills, mountains and valleys enrich the variety of space experiences and diversity of vegetation,
– Bring your notebook outside. All along the spine is Wi-FI connected and electricity is chargeable in a regular distance. It is a park to work in as well.
Showcase of sustainability
– Ecology: Bio diversity, water and snow management, preserving nature, minimizing paved surface,
– Economy: Concentrated/limited high cost elements, allocation of potential new development site, recycling of waste from the construction (e.g. soil),
– Ergonomics: Friendy for all age groups, introducing human-scale elements (in constrast to vast scale of Skolkovo), winter friendly Park,
– Energy efficiency: Energy efficient buildings, smart lighting management system, water recycling, snow bunkers for cooling.
Innovative landscape design
– “The Rainbow” as an iconic landscape device that symbolizes the spirit of innovation and network of Skolkovo,
– Ground surface is friendly “smooth” materialized for walking, cycling, wheelchair, segway and even for high-heels,
– High-cost parts of the park development are concentrated/limited along the “Spine”. The other parts require relatively low investment and maintenance costs,
– The special park programs are all located along The Rainbow.
architects: Maxwan, Arteza, MASA architects | team: Hiroki Matsuura, Artur Borejszo, Valentina Chiappa Nunez, Aleksandar Hrib, Rene Sangers, Qingsong Han, Giulia Sarah Bacci, Paula Ramos Martinez | client: Unknown | status: Competition (2015) | clasification: 1 rang | location: Moscow, Russia (55.689413, 37.360257) | climate: Continental, Temperate | material: undefined | environments: Park, Urban | visualizer: Studio | scale: 500.000 m2 extralarge | types: landscape, park, public space, urban design | views: 3.396