Le stanze di Piero
1282-FPO-IT-2013
Architects: Francesco Polci, Filippo Pecorai, Francesco Onorati
Client: University of Florence
Status: Competition
Location: Monterchi, Italy
Coordinates: 43.484786, 12.113112
Climate: Humid subtropical, Temperate
Material: Concrete
Environment: Old town
Visualizer: Studio
Scale: Large
Types: Cultural, Museum, Refurbishment

In the lands of Valcerfone Piero della Francesca has left one of the most controversial Renaissance painting, the Madonna del Parto (1455_1465). The small village of Monterchi was the place where Piero della Francesca has created and left the work that can be admired from all of the tourists and locals. The small Museum of the Madonna del Parto has been designed to accomodate the fresco , just outside the small and ancient community. he exhibition center forms a public square with a café on the entrance floor, while at a lower level you there are some media spaces and only one exhibition hall. The square exhibition room is covered by a barrel vault and laterally surrounded by a linen curtain which filters the light coming from above.

In the valley, at the same level of the main road, are designed services and a parking area. On the opposite side of the valley, cut by the river , next to the small church which contained the fresco by Piero della Francesca, is designed a school of restoration. This includes exhibition spaces, a library , an auditorium, classrooms , a café and a guest house for students. All interventions are connected by a path that starts from the village, passing from the museum and then continue towards the river and the valley , tangent to the parking area. The path ends at the entrance of the church and the school of restoration, to rediscover with simplicity the lands of Piero.

Post date: 04/10/2015 | Views: 2.757